NARC Kenya Party Leader Martha Karua has urged President Uhuru Kenyatta to retire and go home peacefully, guaranteeing a smooth handover.
- Meet Lawyer Khaminwa Who Has Had Enough of Life: ‘Only Death Can Stop Me From Lawyering’
- I’ll Lead Harambee Stars To AFCON If Elected President – Raila Odinga Promises
- Honest Driver Returns Sh190,000 to Passenger Who Forgot in His Car
- President Kenyatta Finally Endorses Raila Odinga To Be The 5th President
- Raila Odinga Flown To India For Elder Daughter’s Treatment
- Revealed: List of Multibillion Companies and Businesses Owned by Raila Odinga
Karua, who was addressing at Ufungamano House on Friday, stressed that everyone should follow the constitution’s term restrictions.
According to the constitution, no one should serve in a position for longer than ten years.
“We are monitoring you, you must follow our constitution on term limits.,” she said.
“I want to tell any fellow lawyers who may try to misinterpret the Constitution; the term limit means 10 years to steer the nation at the top level, you exit and go do something else. This is irrespective of your age, you could even be 40, term limit ikifika unaenda nyumbani ukafanya mambo ingine.”