Nairobi woman charged in court after boyfriend dies during s&x

A 28-year-old married woman is in court for killing her boyfriend, who died during an steamy session at his home.

On September 22, in the Baba Dogo estate in Ruaraka, Nairobi, Winfred Mueni was charged with manslaughter of 30-year-old Titus Njoroge Kimani.

Kimani went unconscious and was taken to a hospital, where he was declared dead. Mueni is accused of killing him unlawfully.

Because Mueni was the last person the deceased had with her before he passed away, the State prosecution’s office filed charges against her under the theory of “last seen with.”

Although the suspect, a hairstylist, had been married for two years, he was secretly seeing Kimani.

The primary evidence in the prosecution’s case against Mueni is a used condom that was found at their bedside and the deceased’s postmortem report; her spouse is named as a crucial witness against her.

However, how did it all begin? The night before, Mueni and Kimani had split up at a club. Upon entering the club to see if her husband was present, she discovered him surrounded by people preparing for a funeral.

After the meeting, which ended at around one in the morning, Mueni’s husband left her to go home and drink with friends at the bar.

Soon after, her boyfriend Kimani showed up at the same bar, and they carried on having drinks.

They all left the club and Mueni got home at around 3am where she found her husband asleep.

They later woke up and had breakfast at around 6am and her husband left for the funeral in Limuru, Kiambu county.

Mueni left the house later at around 7am to go to her boyfriend’s house.

Mueni told the DCI that during intercourse, Kimani started having difficulty breathing, coughing and became weak.

She told the detectives that he became weaker and collapsed on her, hitting his head on the bed’s frame and before falling unconscious.

Mueni rushed out and called for help and Kimani’s colleagues came and found him unconscious and naked.

He was rushed to the hospital where he was pronounced dead and the colleagues and relatives of the deceased escorted Ms Mueni to Ruaraka police station where the matter was reported and she was placed in custody.

When she was arraigned at the Makadara Law Courts, Ms Mueni denied the charges before Senior Principal Magistrate Hellen Okwani.

Related Articles

Back to top button