Decomposing body of missing ex-Treasury staff Tom Osinde found in River

The body of missing Former National Treasury official Tom Osinde has been discovered in River Kuja, Migori County.

According to reports, the family was informed about the discovery on the morning of Thursday, June 29.

Police officers confirmed that the body of the deceased was already decomposing when it was found.

Osinde went missing on June 18 while traveling from his Nakuru home to Borabu, Kisii, the family said.

Police are also holding two workers of a former National Treasury employee suspected to be behind the incident.

Rongai head of DCI Donnata Atieno said the suspects in custody are workers to Osinde at his Ngata home in Nakuru.

They are being investigated over the abduction. One of the workers in custody is a driver to Osinde.

He was seen driving Osinde’s car in his village in Nyamira and to the place it was found dumped and vandalised on the roadside in Kiligoris.

He is said to have driven the four-wheel motor vehicle to a car wash in Osinde’s village a day after he was reported missing.

“He told us to wash the car from outside only because it was not dirty inside,” one of the car wash attendants said.

The suspect had spent the night in his village with Osinde’s car which was unusual and shocking to the villagers and neighbours.

He then drove it to Kilgoris and abandoned it there, police investigations show.

The suspect told police Osinde had told him to deliver some money to a woman at a petrol station in Kericho town which he did and talked to him when he delivered the cash on June 18. Police said they have established that the claims are not true.

Atieno said abduction is among the motives the investigation team is pursuing. She said they are still confident of finding Osinde.

She said they are holding the suspects as they investigate the abduction and that a court had granted them 21 days to hold the suspects.

“The suspects are being held as we probe allegations of abduction. We have been at the farm for close to three hours and no clues of him there so far,” he said.

She added the detectives are also searching to establish if there are freshly dug places there in case he was killed and dumped or buried there. They also searched septic tanks.

The team covered about seven of the ten acres of the farm and they are expected to return to the scene on Thursday.

The motive for him being abducted, if any, is yet to be known. Police are also unable to tell if he is alive.

His mobile phone is yet to be recovered. Police are analysing the mobile phones of the two workers and other family members.

A backup team has been sent to the scene where his four-wheel drive was found abandoned to enhance the search.

The police have talked to the family and confiscated five mobile phones from some of them especially the workers in Nakuru.

The family said they last spoke to him on, June 18 after he left home aboard the car.

According to police, his black V8 was found abandoned and vandalised around Sikawa, Kilgoris, Narok County.  This was far away from both his Nakuru and Kisii homes.

Related Articles

Back to top button