Popular matatu Sacco, Metro Trans East Africa Limited, has announced mass recruitment around Nairobi and its environs for competent drivers and conductors.
According to a notice posted by the Sacco on Saturday, February 5, interested applicants will submit their forms at their offices located at 7th Floor, Tembo Cooperative House, Moi Avenue in Nairobi.
Speaking to the media, a representative from the Sacco affirmed that the recruitment process will run until Friday, October 28.
Basic requirements for drivers:
1) Valid Certificate of Good Conduct
2) Valid Driving License with classes D1, D2 and D3 duly endorsed. D1 category enables one to drive a van with a maximum of 14 passengers whereby the age requirement is between 22-65 years.
– D2 category enables one to drive a van with a bus with 14 to 32 passengers whereby the age requirement is between 25-65 years and a minimum experience of three years driving category D1.
– D3 category enables one to drive a bus with 33 or more passengers whereby the age requirement is between 30- 65 years and a minimum experience of three years driving category D2. The drivers are required to undergo training and retesting for Category D3.
3) Copy of ID
4) KRA Pin Certificate
5) National Social Security Fund (NSSF)
6) National Hospital Insurance Fund (NHIF)
7) Two passport size photos
Ksh1,200/- PSV BADGE fees (Paid to the National Transport and Safety Authority-NTSA)
9) Ksh2,800/- for 2 branded shirts and 1 branded sweater
10) Recommendation letter from previous employer
11) Reference letter from residential area chief/sub-chief.
WE ARE HIRING: DRIVERS
1.Valid Driving license with class D1 ,D2 and D2 duly endorsed.
2.Valid Certificate of Good Conduct
3.Two passport size photos
4.Reference letter from previous employer
5.Letter from the area chief
6.KRA Pin Certificate
— Metrotrans E.A Ltd (@MetrotransBus) October 4, 2022
Basic requirements for conductors
1) Two passport size photos
2) Copy of ID
5) Ksh 1,200/- PSV BADGE fees (Paid to NTSA)
Ksh 2,800/- for 2 branded shirts and 1 branded sweater
6) Recommendation letter from previous employer
7) Reference letter from residential area chief/sub-chief.
8) Valid Certificate of Good Conduct
The Sacco has been in operation for over eleven years and currently operates a number of Public Service Vehicles (PSVs) including 51 seater, 33-seater and 14 seater matatus.
They ply various routes including Nairobi – Utawala, Nairobi – Kabiria, Nairobi – Kawangware and Nairobi – Kasarani – Mwiki. They also expanded their operations to Bomet.
In November 2020, the Sacco received 45 new buses in form of a lease worth Ksh225 million in a bid to cater for the rising demand from their customers.