Metro Trans East Africa Limited, a popular matatu Sacco in the city, has announced mass recruitment for competent Kenyan drivers and conductors.
According to a notice posted by the Sacco on Saturday, February 5, interested applicants will submit their forms at their offices located at 7th Floor, Tembo Cooperative House, Moi Avenue in Nairobi.
- Kamene Goro: “I Rejected Sh100 Million Offer To Have Sex With a Man
- ‘Aliachwa Na Bibi!’ – Eric Omondi Reveals Butita Was Dumped By Mammito
- “My net worth can feed Bien, Khaligraph and their families for 35 years” – Eric Omondi Announces
- 10 Little Known Details You Didn’t Know About Juliani’s Wife Lilian Nganga
The Sacco has confirmed that the recruitment process will take a whole month and will run until Monday, February 28.
Basic requirements for drivers:
1) Valid Certificate of Good Conduct
2) Valid Driving License with classes D1, D2 and D3 duly endorsed. D1 category enables one to drive a van with a maximum of 14 passengers whereby the age requirement is between 22-65 years.
– D2 category enables one to drive a van with a bus with 14 to 32 passengers whereby the age requirement is between 25-65 years and a minimum experience of three years driving category D1.
– D3 category enables one to drive a bus with 33 or more passengers whereby the age requirement is between 30- 65 years and a minimum experience of three years driving category D2. The drivers are required to undergo training and retesting for Category D3.
3) Copy of ID
4) KRA Pin Certificate
5) National Social Security Fund (NSSF)
6) National Hospital Insurance Fund (NHIF)
7) Two passport size photos
Ksh1,200/- PSV BADGE fees (Paid to the National Transport and Safety Authority-NTSA)
9) Ksh2,800/- for 2 branded shirts and 1 branded sweater
10) Recommendation letter from previous employer
11) Reference letter from residential area chief/sub-chief.
Basic requirements for conductors
1) Two passport size photos
2) Copy of ID
5) Ksh 1,200/- PSV BADGE fees (Paid to NTSA)
Ksh 2,800/- for 2 branded shirts and 1 branded sweater
6) Recommendation letter from previous employer
7) Reference letter from residential area chief/sub-chief.
8) Valid Certificate of Good Conduct
The Sacco has been in operation for over eleven years and currently operates a number of Public Service Vehicles (PSVs) including 51 seater, 33-seater and 14 seater matatus.
They ply various routes including Nairobi – Utawala, Nairobi – Kabiria, Nairobi – Kawangware and Nairobi – Kasarani – Mwiki. They also expanded their operations to Bomet.
In November 2020, the Sacco received 45 new buses in form of a lease worth Ksh225 million in a bid to cater for the rising demand from their customers.