Title: Truck Driver,
Gross Salary: Competitive,
Kenblest Group in Thika is looking to hire Truck Drivers (Medium-Duty Vehicles and Heavy-Duty Vehicles) to join their distribution department. Reporting to the Operations Coordinator, the driver will be responsible for the safe and timely delivery of products to the customers.
- Adhere to company systems, policies and procedures.
- Inspecting a truck before the start of a trip – brakes, lights, oil, insurance etc.
- Transporting and delivering items to customers in a safe and timely manner.
- Adhering to assigned routes and following time schedules.
- Abiding by all transportation laws and maintaining a safe driving record.
- Operating trucks in an efficient and effective manner while reporting any issues as soon as possible.
- Ensuring that the truck is washed – ensuring both the interior and exterior cleanliness of the vehicle (cabin included) is maintained.
- Assisting with offloading customer items from the vehicles where possible.
- Ensuring no unauthorized goods/persons are transported in company vehicles.
- Engaging customers in a polite manner.
- Any other duties deemed relevant by the management.
- Exemplary driving skills
- Ability to adhere to assigned routes, schedules, safety procedures and transportation laws
- Strong time management and customer service skills
- Ability to drive, lift and carry heavy items for extended periods
- Attention to detail
- A polite and professional disposition
- Ability to remain calm in stressful driving situations (e.g. at rush hour)
- High School Certificate
- A valid class BCE driving license with over 5 years’ experience
- Age – 35 years and above
- Clean driving record
- Working knowledge of safety or security vehicle driving and management rules
- At least 3-years’ experience in sales & distribution – FMCG preferable
- Experience distributing baked products will be an added advantage
Key deliverables of the job
- Timely delivery of product to customers using authorized routes
- Efficient use of fuel (km/l usage)
- Monitoring truck behavior and timely reporting of anomalies
- Management of external customers – government authority – police, city council askaris etc
- Safe driving (speed, brakes, clutch etc.) including inspection of the truck at start of the day and after every delivery